Friday, April 13, 2012

Pink ATC trio

AJ here sharing my ATC's today.

 I was so very excited to be able to create ATC's for todays big event.  I was diganosed just 9 short months ago with Breast Cancer.  I have only finished my treatment about 6 weeks ago.  I obviously hold this subject matter near and dear to my heart.  I have had *the* most amazing and supportive friends and crafters send me sooooo many cards through out my fight, and and have been looking forward to the opportunity to give back. 

 For my first ATC, I used the Paper Smooches set Hope.  It's one of my favorite sets because it has the saying "Fight like a girl".  To create my atc, I stamped the sentiment block in grey ink, then stamped the ribbon and "hope" on top.  I added a portion of the Funky Swirls White pearls beneath the hope.  (*I often cut up my swirls for smaller pieces, and in this case a Nestabling also.)

To adorn the pink ribbon I had to perform minor surgery to the smallest Nestabling Peony in hot pink.   After I cut the circle open, I attached one end to the ribbon and slowly laid it down where I wanted it.  I ended up trimming a teeny tiny piece off the whole thing, which can be found below on my next atc.  I'm all about stretching your supplies!

 For this ATC, I used Skipping Stones Designs Cancer Shmancer set.  Another great one with lots of encouraging sentiments and designs.  I also used the S5-089 Home Sweet Home Spellbinders Shapeabilities set from Nina Brackett to create the wings behind the ribbon.  I added some Funky Swirls Black Pearls (again, trimming it and using just a portion) and finished it off with that last piece of the Nestabling Peony in the corner.

 For my last ATC, I used the Avocado Arts set My Wish For You and Nina's Beautiful Bling Borders- Fancy That!  *I colored the bottom right one with a copic marker to make it pink.  ;)  (You can also color your white pearls to match any project in case you can't find the color you want on the W2S site.)  

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, AJ! I never thought of coloring the bling with markers. i'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ATC and the message AJ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving it!!! give such hope and inspiring too.. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous ATC's AJ!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a powerful message AJ, love all the details your ATC's are simply gorgeous, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover