I love mini albums and love what Wendy Morris does with them. She has an amazing style that adds touches that WOW you. We are so thrilled to have her as our guest designer this month...and here is
I am Woman by Wendy Morris
Tidbits about this project -
- I've always been in awe in the strength, encourage, support, loyalty, and love of my mother. This altered book reflects her determination and beauty in the title chosen, "I Am Woman". Even at 73 years old, she doesn't look her age, very independent,
- Spray painted in black paint the Want2Scrap Nestboard and attached Nestabling (pearls) on top. On the page, I really wanted to draw out the beauty in the photographs and bring an "Old Hollywood" flair to the embellishments to enhance the "Old Hollywood" flair of the vintage photos.
- I used vintage jewelry charms and mini versions of game pieces (dominoes) to bring out the "teacher" page. My mom has always been an inspiration in her patience and always took the time in my childhood and now to really teach, listen, and remember the memories. Even now she remembers my childhood days and school day memories that even I had forgotten...this is really priceless to me.
- I really united the feel of a "cozy home" and comfort throughout the book. My momma always made the house a home with her hand-stitched quilts, afghans, and flowers. Even my cousins would come over to the house and spend hours and loved our house because it truly felt like a home with great communication, love, and laughter (and good food too).
- I also wanted to dedicate the loyalty of my mom to my dad in marriage (of almost 50 years) before he passed away in 2005 from cancer and a few months away from their 50th anniversary. My mom and dad were truly an inspiration for making a marriage work through trials, laughter, hugs, good times, and bad times. She was a beautiful glue that graciously and seamlessly contributed to the foundation of our family.
- Want2Scrap pearls and bling are the perfect finishing touches randomly splashed here and there throughout the altered book.
I love the stunning details she uses on every page.
Such a wonderful treasure!
It takes my breath away all the memories put in one album.
I love the layered pages and the Fancy Tags Three Nestabling and Nestabling show with the monogram!
Supply List -
Nestabling (Spellbinders) - Fancy Tags 3 - White Pearl #9088
Nestaboard (Spellbinders) - Fancy Tags 3 #9303
Glitter Cardstock - Recollections
Papers - Simple Stories - Generations
Transparency - The Paper Studio
Manila Tags - Avery
Glitter Alphabet - American Crafts, Recollections, Making Memories
Stickers - Simple Stories, My Mind's Eye, 7 Gypsies
Stamps - Technique Tuesday, Stampendous, Prima, Studio Calico, Unity Stamp Co, Donna Salazar Designs, My Mind's Eye
Ink - Ranger
Rubons - Hambly, Basic Grey, 7 Gypsies
Mini Domino Game Pieces - Bead Landing
Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels
Acrylic Heart Stick Pin - Maya Road
Metal Ornate Frame & Brads, Metal Clock & Metal Hands - Making Memories, Advantus - Tim Holtz
Wood Houses - Studio Calico
Wood Cameo Silhouette, Birdcages - Kaisercraft
Fabric Tab - 7 Gypsies
Tapes - Advantus, Tim Holtz, K&Co - Smash, 7 Gypsies,
Acrylic Butterflies, Black Acrylic Numbers - Advantus
Stapler & Staples - Advantus - Tim Holtz
Thread - Gutermann