Monday, June 4, 2012

Time to Wish Father's Day card (Nina)

It's Nina here on the blog again. Today, I have a Father's card to show you that uses some of my favorite "feminine" elements. I don't know about you, but I don't make enough Masculine cards. I seem to be drawn to pinks and other girly colors, and bling :). Father's day is one occasion when I force myself to get creative with manly cards. And why not use my favorite "pinkish" color and bling even on them?

I followed the color scheme of some Prima papers that are vintage-inspired with a hint of melon (or pinkish orange). The main panel is a Want2Scrap Manilla tag, which I stamped with a woodgrain pattern stamp. The sentiment, frame and pocket watch are from The Craft's Meow's For My Dad set. I also stamped a strip of paper with cancelled postage image from TCM's Telegram set.
Time
The bling on my card is subtle, but I thought they were necessary. :) I adhered a row of three Want2Scrap Baby Bling Rhinestones Brown - 100 Count - 2.5 mm. on the bottom right of the tag. Buttons and burlap twine finish the card.
Time-det
What do you think? Did I pull off a masculine card with pink (ish) and bling? I hope so, but I don't think the recipient will even notice :). Have a great day!

Want2Scrap products used:

Cross Promo Products used:
TCM's Telegram stamp set

Come visit me on my blog, Crafting in Croatia.

3 comments:

  1. How pretty, I mean masculine! I love the collage look of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Nina! Love all of the great details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great "man" card Nina! They can be hard to do! :)

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover