Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Want2Scrap Upcycled Boxes

Hello Want2Scrap friends, it is Linda from Down Under.  I have an altered project to share with you today - upcycled, but sadly I forgot to take a photo of the before - what I can tell you is that it has gone from Pinks and Paris to blues and seaside.  I have used a mixture of Want2Scrap bling, chipboard and trim - I love the way it all works together so well - every time!


My youngest daughter handed the original to me because she no longer used it, I knew if I held onto it long enough for her I could work it into her new these - and I was right about that - she loves the new theme and has it in her room with treasures in it - makes us both happy!!


I have started by inking a retired Spellbinders 3D Embossing Folder with seashells all over it, using Imagine Inks in Summer Sky, Desert Sand and Teal Zeal.  This has been adhered to the painted box (I have used blue) using Double Sided Premium Tape by Want2Scrap.  To this I have added the Frame - Round with Leaf Flourish  that has been sponged using Teal Zeal Ink in an ombre fashion.

The Sparkle - Beautiful Script Chipboard Word has been sponged using Desert Sand and Wedding Dress inks and had a coat of irRESISTibles Pico Embellisher in Shimmer applied.  Next it had been glued across the  Frame - Round with Leaf Flourish.

A hinge from the Card Size Antique Keys w/hardware has been glued onto the top left hand corner of the lid and a little Gesso Applied through a homemade stencil.  This has been repeated on opposite corners of the lower section of the lid.  Finishing with Jute - Chenille Braid beneath the Left Flourish with 72 Count Pearls- Light BlueA strip of inked corrugated cardboard has been adhered below the  Jute - Chenille Braid.






Spellbinders: 3D Embossing Folder, Platinum 6 Die Cutting and Embossing Machine; Scrapbook Adhesives BY 3L:  3D Foam Squares; Beacon Adhesive: Zip Dry Liquid Glue;  Imagine Memento Ink in  Summer Sky, Teal Zeal and Desert Sand,  Memento Luxe in Wedding Dress, Sponge Daubers, irRESISTibles Pico Embellisher in Shimmer; Gesso; Homemade Stencil

Thanks so much for stopping by and the lovely comments you leave - they are appreciated.  I hope you are inspired to get your Want2Scrap on!!  
.
I would love you to visit me on my Blog: Lovely Linda's Craft Central

{{{Hugs}}} and Happy Creating


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover