Monday, February 19, 2018

The Shortest Distance.... Art Journal with Want2Scrap

Hello Want2Scrap friends, it is Linda here from 'The Land of Oz' -  thank you for stopping by. Today I am sharing a page from my ART Journal, using Want2Scrap products.  My page today started with a recycled card - I just love the photo - it makes me smile every time I look at it - and the sentiment is perfect - it just had to be part of my Art Journal.



My Journal has been made from recycled cardboard; each page measures 17.5cm x 12.5cm and has had patterned paper adhered to each side.  I have adhered the recycled greeting card  to the journal page and added a frame created using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A Card Creator etched Dies - die cut together to form a frame.  This created a window effect when adhered off centre.




A large button has been threaded with pink twine and glued to the lower left hand corner of the Die Cut frame.  The smallest circle from the Nestabling Heart Circles - Pink Pearls has been added around the outside of the button.  A row of  White Double Picot Trim has been glued across the page ,below the button using luquid glue Inspire Swirls has been trimmed and adhered across the lower edge of the frame and White Double Picot Trim.

A pink heart from the Bling Hearts - Red and Pink Rhinestones has been added to the top left corner of the frame and 250 Count Rhinestones - Pink added to the right hand side of the pink heart.  The adorable Glasses Charm - Antique Brass has been glued to the top right corner of the frame - they are so 'girlie' - I could not resist using them!




Next two buttons from the Buttons - Round (30 Pack) - Chipboard Embellishment have been sponged with Rose Bud Ink, including the thread, a white gel pen has been used to add faux stitching around the buttons - they have been finished with a coat of the Pico Embellisher in Shimmer and then glued to the right side of the frame - I love how they have turned out.

I have finished off the page with sentiment stickers - choosing words that fit the theme of this page - I did wonder whether or not to add more, but left it overnight and felt that it was finished when I saw it the next morning.  It is always good to walk away when you are not sure - I find I often have a clearer perspective when I come back!

Want2Scrap Products:
Other: 
Spellbinders: A2 Matting Basics A Card Creator Etched Dies Scrapbook Adhesives BY 3L: E-Z Dots Permanent Refillable DispenserBeacon Adhesive: Zip Dry Liquid Glue;   Imagine Memento Luxe Ink in Rose Bud, irRESISTibles Pico Embellisher in Shimmer; White Gel Pen, Fine Black Marker, Sentiment Stickers; recycled greeting card; patterned paper; large button

Thanks so much for stopping by and the lovely comments you leave - they are appreciated.  I hope you are inspired to get your Want2Scrap on!!  I will be sharing more pages as I go along and hope you will be inspired!
.
I would love you to visit me on my Blog: Lovely Linda's Craft Central

{{{Hugs}}} and Happy Creating

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover