Monday, October 10, 2016

Watch the Killer Whales Overlay!

Susie here with a layout about a Killer Whale Watch excursion I enjoyed with my family last year. It features a laser cut overlay from Want2Scrap and one of the Chipboard Quotations!  This outing was one of the highlights of our trip to Alaska and the Whale 12x12 overlay was the perfect start to my scrapbook page!

The Whales Overlay comes with a white background paper.  The first thing I did was to adhere the laser cut outs of the whales to the white paper. Then I took out my craft knife and carefully trimmed around the outside edge of the whales and discarded the rest.
 
The first photo I added was one of a whale breaching! I used 1/8" "Tear-ific" Tape from Sparkle N Sprinkle on the backside of the frame to adhere the photo in place.
I chose this photo-realistic paper of the ocean to back the overlay.  It came with a double white border printed along the outer edge - such a nice detail!
I decided to accent that detail by trimming down the outside of the overlay so that it fit perfectly inside the border!  (I will admit that I purposely lined up the horizon line of my photo with the horizon in the paper!)

I heat embossed "The Best Day Ever" Chipboard Quotation with Red Glitter Embossing Powder.  It picked up the red from my pictures and really made the perfect title!
I take a lot of pictures so I often create multi photo collages on my layouts. I print my photos with a white border.  If you are unable to do that and want to get the same look, just double mat them with both white and black cardstock. I just play with the placement of the pics until I find an arrangement that works for me!
Suprise!  That center photo flips up to reveal one more picture

Want2Scrap has an amazing assortment of laser cut overlays to help with your scrapbooking.  Check out all of your choices HERE.

 Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie


Want2Scrap Supplies for Killer Whale Watch layout:

Cross Promotional Partner Products:
Other Supplies:
  • Paper House Productions Nautical Paper Crafting Kit
  • Red Glitter Embossing Powder

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover