Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Allie Gower: Boys are Best

Hi, y'all. Allie here with a sweet and simple card using Want 2 Scrap's NestaBLING! You do not HAVE to die cut to make use of these fun shapes. I love that. Keepin' it simple today. I also used some black Baby Bling, just to finish off this card. I just love Baby Bling, I have lots of colors and they are always perfect little accents.



I spent some time scrapping with a friend recently, and she had the neatest new travel sketch book from Scrapbook Generations, and I saw one sketch with a fun cluster and was inspired to make this card. I was so excited that I had received some paper from our promotional partners at Niki Sivils. This line is called Noah (I have a Noah, and take care of a little Noah) and it is WAY to fun for boys. I love taking care of ALL my little boys. I'm doing special with two of my little boys, and this is their little "invite" to the fun.

Untitled

I used a little ClearSnap ink for accents around the edges. I cut some strips of my favorite patterns, and used some of the die cuts that go with this adorable Noah line from Niki Sivils. I added a pop dot behind the heart to give it ... well, a little POP!

TIP:

The star Nestabling actually comes attached - I cut the two stars apart so I'd have some to use on another card. You can't even tell. And once again, you don't HAVE to use a die cut with it - it lays down very nicely with or without die cuts.

MATERIALS:
Star Nestabling, Baby Bling - Want2Scrap
Patterned Paper, Die Cuts - Niki Sivils
Ink - ClearSnap
Adhesive - Glue Arts
Inspiration - new Travel Sketches from Scrapbook Generations
Cardstock - Neenah Solar White

Thanks for looking today!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover