Monday, September 17, 2012

Mixed Media: Color to the Max by Want2Scrap!


Fall is just around the corner and soon the leaves will be changing and and colorful leaves will be falling from the trees. My first project this month is an altered canvas using fall as my inspiration...greens, oranges, and a little pink for good measure. I really blinged my projects out this month...love the shine it can bring to any creation. 


Just because it is almost fall does not mean a flower can not be the object of my art. I cut seven circles and easily made this fun flower. 


At the center of my flower are several Blue Rose Ribbon 1". Adds a great texture! One of my favorite products are the Beautiful Bling Borders. The Fancy waves are so fun!


Of course the must use on every project is the bling! I used the Pink Rhinestones - 72 Count. These really are a must have in every color. I used them on EVERY SINGLE project I do.


Next up a few new pages in my art journal. Since color was my focus I decided to make my pages about it. 


I used Faber-Castell Gelato to create the rainbow background. These are super simple. I used Gesso as a base for each page, colored on the gelato, brushed on water and a gorgeous watercolor based background was the result.


This gorgeous Small Pearl White Flower just pops from the page with this colorful background.


I use the Sleep Strips - White Pearls almost as often as I use the bling. It is a staple in my craft room.


The White Pearl Swirls and Bling Hearts are so versatile and can work on anything. I hope you are now feeling inspired to do a little creating of your own.



Want2Scrap Products:

Cross Promotional Partners:

Other Products:
Pattern Paper, Mask - Studio Calico
Paint, Gesso - Liquitex
Gelato, Markers - Faber-Castell
Pen - Scarlet Lime
Ink - Staz On
Rub-ons - Kaiser Craft
Spray Ink - Tattered Angels
Stamps - Christy Tomlinson for Unity Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover