Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lovely Cousins

One of the things I really wanted to use this month was the stamp I received from Heartfelt Creations.  It's called Chateau Gateway, and it's a lovely gate with a brick archway surrounding it.  You can see it HERE.  Anyway, rather then use the entire image, I decided to use the wonderfully detailed brick pattern to create a textural background for my layout.  Here are a few photos of that process:
  I used Colorbox Dye Ink to stamp small sections of the stamp, then stamped them around in various spots on the background of my page.

And here is the layout:


The effect really brought the layout together!  Some Authentique papers and Want2Scrap embellishments finished off the page.  Thanks for coming by to take a peek!

Want2Scrap Products:

Partner Products:
Heartfelt Creations Stamp, Chateau Gateway Set
Authentique Paper

4 comments:

  1. Nice effect. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout! great way to use the stamp. The pearls are perfect around the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a simple technique that adds so much to the page! Fabulous layout!
    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Alyssa! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover