Sunday, April 8, 2012

Today she thought she would fly... ATC by: Dana


Hello!  Today it's my absolute pleasure to share an ATC made with some gorgeous products from Want2Scrap and some of our Cross Promotional partners.  If you have been following recent posts here you may have detected a theme with all the gorgeous ATC's being posted and that there is something special brewing...you *may* be right!  Soon the details will be revealed!  Until then, I'd love to share some details on how I put together my ATC... 


Today she thought she would fly.....There is something magical about the possibilities built into the small but mighty ATC.  I took one look at the gorgeous Wonderful Wings Bling from Want2Scrap® and Donna Salazar and the rest of the ATC came out in a flash!  I downloaded and printed the vintage photograph from online and adhered her to the Wonderful Wings bling after it had been mounted on cardstock and spritzed with glimmer mist.  To create the backdrop on my ATC I first painted the ATC in Chipboard (3 pack) with acrylic paint from EcoGreen Crafts.  I also misted a canvas from the ATC in Canvas (3-Pack) with glimmer mist.  Once the chipboard and the canvas dried, I was able to adhere the two using my sewing machine.  I adhered a floral 3D sticker from Michaels, glittered it and added some of the prettiest pearls around:72 Count - Pink Pearls - Self Adhesive.  I also added pieces of Funky Swirls- Black Rhinestones - Self Adhesive to the canvas and printed my sentiment on the computer using MS Word and a typewriter font.


Final touches were added with bits of cotton lace trim added to the top and bottom of the ATC and on the back, I created hanging mounts using 3-in-1 Advanced Crafter's Glue from Beacon and vintage "eye" pieces from a hook and eye set I had on hand.  A bit of twine strung through the eyes serves as a hanger to this tiny bit of inspiration.  She has been hanging above my crafting space ever since!  She could use a couple more ATC friends to hang out with I think.


One more shot to illustrate the incredible dimension and textures that were built into this ATC which goes to show, you can pack in a lot of juicy goodness no matter what the size of the canvas!  Have you tried your hand at an ATC lately?  I sure hope you will!


Thanks for coming by.  Until next time...

Want2Scrap® Products Used:

Cross Promotional Products Used:
 Acrylic paint from EcoGreen Crafts

Other Products:
Glitter: Stickles and Martha Stewart fine
Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels
3D floral sticker by Michaels
MS Word and Typewriter font
Ink: Papertrey Ink
Foam tape: Scotch
Printable vintage image from PaperScraps (search "vintage beauties free collage" on Flickr)
Craft Supply: vintage hook and eye, twine and cotton lace

5 comments:

  1. Stunning project DANA! love the vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really love this Dana! All the detail in this ATC is unbelievable!! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Dana, right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so hard to believe it's so tiny! Such a lovely arrangement, perfect bling composition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful ATC, Dana! I love the sentiment and all that dimension.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover