Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pure Joy

Hello, friends. I'm happy to share with you an "all about me" layout. I like creating layouts about myself to reflect on my thoughts and feelings. My life has had many changes over the past few months...a divorce, a new job, and a new home. Despite the difficult decisions and stressful times, I've emerged a confident, joyful woman. This layout, with singing birds and blooming flowers, represents a new beginning.
The beautiful chipboard "Joy" is just one of the sentiments in the Want2Scrap© Words of Love collection. I painted the word black. I handcut the flowers from patterned paper and added dimensional adhesive. The Want2Scrap© Maxxi Girl Pearls, a gorgeous swirl in white pearls, was a lovely accent.

I just couldn't wait to create with the Want2Scrap© Birds of a Feather diecut silhouette. This fabulous silhouette was beautiful in black, but I wanted to add a vintage feel with newsprint patterned paper and distress ink. I traced over the bird and leaf images and cut patterned paper just a wee bit smaller. I used black and brown distress ink on the edges.
Thank you for stopping by today. Happy creating!
Keely
Want2Scrap® Products Used:

Cross Promotional Products Used:
The Robin's Nest patterned paper--Bees Blues cardstock, Classified cardstock, Honey Comb Linen Fleur cardstock

Other Products:
My Little Shoebox patterned paper--Enchanted Garden collection
Tsukineko--distress ink
Glue Arts--dimensional adhesive
American Crafts--Thickers
Colorbok--Cardstock
Fiskars--circle punch
Maya Road--star pin
MS Word Calibri font

4 comments:

  1. Love how you added newsprint to the birds! Brilliant page Keely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keely- your birds are fabulous! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I soooooo love how you used the laser cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brought a huge smile to my face!! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover