Monday, May 16, 2016

Charm-ing Want2Scrap Mini Canvas

Susie here today to share a mini canvas featuring a cute charm from Want2Scrap!  Did you know that Want2Scrap has almost 100 different charms to choose from in a wide variety of themes?  Lately I have been indulging my interest in mixed media and I found one perfect for this project!

The Design Team was really lucky to receive some products from Sparkle N Sprinkle, one of our Cross Promotional Partners.  They have a huge range of glitters, embossing powders, adhesives and stamps - among other things!  I used the Puddles Stamp Set for this canvas.  I stamped and embossed one of the sentiments from the set using Black Opaque Embossing Powder.  I initially stamped the figure with the umbrella using Platinum Embossing Powder.
I quickly decided I wanted a more traditional silhouette, so I re-inked the stamp and stamped on top of the first image.  My stamp block is transparent so it was really easy to line it up. This time I applied the Black Opaque Embossing Powder and used my heat gun.  Perfect!

 I painted a puddle across the bottom right corner of the canvas with Ultramarine Blue Color Burst water colors, then splattered "raindrops" all over.  To attach the charm, I used a few pieces of  1/8" Tear-ific Double Sided Tape.


The final detail is a 3mm Turquoise Rhinestone which covers the hole in the charm perfectly!


Be sure to check out all the charms available on the Want2Scrap website!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie

Want2Scrap Supplies for Charming Mini Canvas:

Cross Promotional Partner Supplies: 
Other Supplies:  Ultramarine Blue Color Burst, 4x4 Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover