Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Guest Designer - Lori Craig - Carpe Diem

I can't believe I'm at the end of my Guest Designing month with Want2Scrap™. I've assured Miss Heidi that's not the end of my Want2Scrap™ consumption. :) Thanks so much to Michele and her fabulous team for inviting me to share with you this month. I've loved it!


For my final project, I wanted to show a framed layout that I put together after a fabulous trip to New York City earlier this month. One of my dearest friends, Jenn Balcer, and I had the opportunity to take Manhattan by storm for 4 full days...and we made the absolute most of it! Sightseeing! Shopping! Eating! Seeing Wicked! The Crown of the Lady Liberty! The Empire State Building! With lots of open time, we were able to seize the days! It was truly a fabulous trip! This is a photo was taken at the top of the Empire State Building at midnight.


I knew I wanted a monochromatic finish to my project, so I started with one of my signature looks, kraft cardstock, and applied aqua acrylic paint over a space just larger than my photo. Then I applied the same acrylic paint over the edges of my black and white photo. I cut my dies with Spellbinders™ templates and adhered the paper die cuts to the Nestaboard™ with liquid adhesive. All of my rhinestones were colored with Copic marker and then the elements were layered onto my picture and adhered with foam adhesive.


Tip - Coloring Want2Scrap™ rhinestones with Copic Marker is easy since the alcohol based ink will adhere to virtually any non-porous surface. While bling is still on manufacturer packaged acrylic sheet, lightly skim color over the top of silver bling with the side of the brush tip on the Copic Sketch (or Ciao). This will let you apply ink over top of the bling embellishment very quickly without applying ink to the clear adhesive of the design. You should probably select a color of marker that is a shade or two *darker* than your desired color, and always test an inconspicuous rhinestone before coloring final embellishment.


Want2Scrap™ Supplies Uesd:



Lori, thank you so much for being the Guest Designer for Want2Scrap™ during the month of August!! We have loved seeing your designs and the how you have used Want2Scrap™ products to embellish your projects. Your projects have been amazing and I love your framed art!! To see more of Lori's beautiful artwork please be sure to visit her blog--Make a Difference.

Thank you so much for stopping by the Want2Scrap™ blog today and I hope you have a sparkling and creative day!!

Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Your layout is a real treasure! Thanks for the tip on how to apply color to the Nestabling using Copics. I am just getting into Copics and can use all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Lori!
    I do the Copics on bling too. I almost don't even buy colored bling any more. White and clear are so versatile! :)

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover