Monday, April 26, 2010

Fluffy Ribbon Flower tutorial

Hello!  It's Dana here with a quick tutorial on making fluffy ribbon flowers.  I am highlighting the ribbon packs soon to be offered by Want 2 Scrap and more pink pearl bling.  Included in my designer's box of product was a package of various ribbons and trims.  You can see the ruffled ribbon I used on the edge of my card above and also included was the white organza I used to make my flower.  I wanted to mimic the 3-D texture quality of the edge trim so I decided to get fluffy with my flower!

STEP 1:
Knot the end of a coordinating color of sewing thread and weave the thread the length of one side of the ribbon.  The smaller the stitches, the more ruffle you will get in your flower.

STEP 2:
When you reach the end of your length of ribbon ( I used 12 inches), connect the end of the ribbon back to the side where you started by poking your needle and thread through but not tying off in a knot yet.

STEP 3:
Pull thread to tighten up the flower ruffles using your fingers to help distribute the ruffles around the flower.  Knot the thread and secure the two ends of the ribbon tightly together. 

Doesn't that add a fun dimensional embellishment to the card?  In order to adhere the flower and the pearl center, I peeled the self adhesive from the back of the pearl and applied fabri-tac liquid adhesive.  I also used this liquid adhesive on the back of the ribbon flower.  A clothespin held the pearl and flower in place until it dried to the cardstock. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today here at the Want 2 Scrap blog.  Please let me know if you have any questions on the technique I demonstrated above.  I'm happy to help. 
Have a great day!
design-team-sigs-dana-bb

6 comments:

  1. What a super cute little flower!!! Thanks for the tutorial...great use of the ribbon! Adorable card too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I have done that technique before, but not with that type of ribbon....and what a wonderful flower that emerges! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous!! loveeeeeeeeee that flower and the card!!!! WOW!! TFS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! SMACK! (Ouch!....think I used a bit too much force...oh yea, that would be me smacking myself on the forehead!) To think, I've been holding my embellies down the whole time waiting for adhesive to adhere. I'm off to track down a clothespin or two. :> Great tutorial! :>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute flower! Great tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover