Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Bling On the Canvas!

Susie here today sharing another mixed media canvas featuring Want2Scrap bling!
I started my canvas with an Ultramarine Blue Color Burst watercolor background.  The cute little umbrella image is from the Sparkle N Sprinkle Splish Splash stamp set.  I heat embossed the image with Black Opaque Embossing Powder.
Next I wanted to try something a little different.  I used clear embossing ink and stamped the "Splish Splash" sentiment all over the canvas.  I sprinkled Waterscape Semi-Transparent glitter on the canvas and was pleased to find that it stuck to the canvas!
I wish I could tell you my experiment was a success...but I can't.  I knew I needed to secure the glitter somehow.  First I tried Workable Fixative.  It kept the glitter from falling off but was not a permanent solution as you could brush the glitter off.  Next I tried Acrylic Sealer Spray and it did not work either.  I ended up brushing off as much glitter as I could and then re-stamping and heat embossing with the Platinum Embossing Powder. I heat embossed the sentiment across the bottom of the canvas in Black Opaque Embossing Powder and then I reached for my bling!

Want2Scrap Teardrop Bling looks so cute sprinkled all over this canvas like raindrops!

Want2Scrap Supplies:

Cross-Promotional Partner Supplies:
Other Supplies:  Ultramarine Blue Color Burst, Clear Embossing Ink Pad, 4x4 Canvas


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover