Monday, November 14, 2011

Star Light Star Bright **Karen Taylor**


Greetings on this wonderful Monday morning !



Today I want to share some fun ornaments, or they could be toppers for gifts that you can create this season.
This would be perfect for a teacher, friend, secret Santa gift, neighbor or even to adorn your own tree.

This is also a great project for girl scouts or to do with your own children for gifts for grandma's and grandpa's to cherish!

I remember at night in the summer looking to the sky and making my wish on that first star....how special a simple symbol is to us...it brings us hope and faith.....and a childhood since of wonder.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are?

Up above the world so high , like a diamond in the sky

When the blazing sun is gone, when he nothing shines upon,

Then you show your little light, twinkle, twinkle all the night.

Then the traveller in the dark, thanks you for your tiny spark,

He could not see which way to go, if you did not twinkle so.

In the dark blue sky you keep, and often through my curtains peep,

For you never shut your eye, 'till the sun is in the sky.

As your bright and tiny spark lights the traveller in the dark,

Though I know not what you are - twinkle, twinkle little star.


FOR MY STARS:


I started with Want2Scrap™ Nestabling and Nestaboard Stars Five, I used 2 packs of both and SpellbindersGrand Calibur™ and Stars Five Die template.

Using Christmas Paper by Donna Salazar I cut out a bunch of stars using the Grand Calibur.


I adhered paper to some of the stars and then inked the edges using Clearsnaps Mixed Media Inx by Donna Salazar.


I attached Nestabling to random stars.


Others I painted using Eco Green Paint

Inked the edges and added Clearsnap Fairy Dust Glitter by Donna Salazar. Sparkle stars...and some with bling.....things are looking SO pretty!


I then layered in random orders using plain die cut stars without Nestaboard and some with for added dimension.

Punched a hole in top and added ribbon and three jingle bells to each bows center.

I just love that each have a different look.....

depending on colors you use.....

the bling chosen.....


and how you stacked the paper stars with the Nestaboard stars....so different but all so beautiful!

I WILL be making more of these delightful stars to share with friends and loved ones during this holiday season. No matter your beliefs a star is always a symbol of hope and faith.


For my Project I used :

Want2Scrap:

Want2Scrap™ Nestabling and Nestaboard Stars Five


Cross Promotional Products:

Spellbinders Paper Arts: Grand Calibur and Stars Five Die Templates
Eco Green Crafts Paints

Other:

Paper, Clearsnap Mixed Media Inx and Fairy Dust glitter by Donna Salazar
Jingle bells, ribbon, vintage seam binding and wire



Until next time...BE CREATIVE!

Karen Taylor

Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect."

~ Oren Arnold

3 comments:

  1. Love the pretty colors and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and creative, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are sooooooo clever, Karen! GOSH, I don't know whether I want COOKIES or CHRISTMAS ornaments more, so let's just say that these are completely inspiring on MANY levels! What a delicious AND stunning project! Yee haw!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover