Monday, March 28, 2016

March Planner with Want2Scrap

Hello friends, Katie here from Handmade by K8! Today I'm going to share my March planner spread with you! I bought this album a few years ago and finally pulled it out! I like that I can add a little layout next to the calendar...I can either highlight something that happened that month, journal or share my current favorite picture. My options are really limitless! March just happens to be when my youngest son's birthday is so I dedicated this month's layout to him!

 

I'll start with my layout side, which really came together quite quickly!  Since the background pages have lots of printed detail on them, I can keep my layouts rather simple.  After adhering the 4x4 project life "Lucky Me" card, I printed and adhered two 2x2 photos of Cody and me.  I used the white space off to the left to journal a bit about my son.  Next, I grabbed a Want2Scrap Arrow Charm and removed the bail with a pair of jewelry cutters and adhered it to the top right of the photos with a glue dot.  And to finish the layout off, I sprinkled some Want2Scrap Black Enamel Dots and Want2Scrap Black Baby Bling in a diagonal line, leading the eye from the journaling down toward the photos.

For my calendar side, I started with March 3rd, which is Cody's birthday.  I adhered a Want2Scrap Male Figure Charm, bail removed, with glue dots.  His party was on Saturday, so after nothing that in the block on the 5th, I added a sticker with pop dots pointing toward the party date!  My husband works part-time as a deputy with the Sheriff's office in our county so the gold stars represent dates he is scheduled to work.  And, of course, my kids enjoyed Spring Break this month too!  I jotted down a few appointments and things we have planned then added some alpha letters to the 27th to note Easter Sunday.  Before adhering the alpha stickers with foam tape, I  added the smallest circle from the Want2Scrap Pink Heart Circle Nestabling pack.  Last but not least, I added a strip of Want2Scrap Chevron Bling Border under the word March.



















I'm curious...do you keep a planner?  What type/style do you prefer?  I love that when I'm done at the end of the year, I have a little book with all our dates and appointments along with some great memories from the year all organized into one place.  This way, I don't feel so obligated to keep a chronological album and I am more free with my scrapbook pages!

Katie

Want2Scrap Products used on March Planner:

Want2Scrap Arrow Charm

Want2Scrap Black Enamel Dots

Want2Scrap Black Baby Bling

Want2Scrap Male Figure Charm

Want2Scrap Pink Heart Circle Nestabling

Want2Scrap Chevron Bling Border


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover