Saturday, March 20, 2010

Turning One Acrylic Page

Hi everyone! I'm back again and this time I have graduated from an acrylic tag to an acrylic page!! I must admit, I don't scrapbook even though I have all good intentions to....I buy all the stuff and have all the pictures, but just never make the time!! One page at a time, right? Well, I figure this is a good way to pick it up and actually, I'm going to prop it up on a frame holder like a picture. :) Here's what I came up with.




Once I could figure out what paper to use, this actually came together rather quickly! I knew that I was going to use 3 fabulous products that Want2Scrap carries... the acrylic page, bling (pink pearls), and ribbon. And I definitely achieved my goal!

Now, I don't know if it's the cardmaker in me, but I had a hard time leaving the border "undressed." I decided to add my own "decorative edge" with stickles and Liquid Pearls and I'll show you how I did it!

First, I placed my acrylic page on a clean surface that can get messy...I used Ranger's Non-Stick Craft sheet. This way, if I make a mess, I can just wipe it off with a damp cloth....and I am messy!!! :) So here we go with Silver Stickles.


And I just carefully went around the edges, very lightly touching, the border of my page with the applicator tip.


Nice, eh?! Next came the Liquid Pearls in Petal Pink.



What I did here was to squeeze a small amount out and just BARELY touch the liquid pearl medium to the sheet....just let it ease it's way out on it's own practically.



If your press the liquid pearls onto your sheet, you'll just end up smushing it on there and won't get a nice little globular looking pearl. Now, after it has come out, unfortunately, it will have a pointy top at its peak. To prevent this from drying looking like that, tap the UNDERSIDE of your acrylic sheet and it will flatten out that point and really look like a round pearl. So, make about 5-6 dabs and then tap and so on and so forth. Here's a close up where you can see what that looks like.


So what do you think? Think you would try this on your own? Don't forget to give it time to dry!!

I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial and thanks so much for stopping by!

design-team-sigs-melissa-bb

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the accents on the edge of the acrylic. It really makes this layout. You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out fabulous!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutprial, thx for sharing Melissa!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover